[Kde-bindings] Release at the end of the month

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Apr 13 16:58:12 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 16:00, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> Dominique Devriese said:
> > ian reinhart geiser writes:
> >> Greetings,
> >> 	Over in kjsembed land we fixed a ton of bugs that where in
> >> 	3.2, and added
> >> a few features that made it more usable.  Are there any other
> >> bindings projects that could gain from a new release at the end of
> >> the month here?
> >> 	I noticed a huge number of java commits, so I wanted to see if
> >> 	we should
> >> have a full release here in a few weeks.  It might make it easier on
> >> packagers.
> > Err, does kdebindings have its own release schedule ?
> No, not yet.  But in light of the massive changes going on there it might
> warrent one.  IMHO its inane to be bind release schedules anyway.  I was
> looking for opinions on other projects in the bindings group who might
> gain from a coordinated release at the end of the month here.

When the PyQt/PyKDE stuff is in CVS and all worked out, I would like to see
some kind of interim release. (That is not likely to happen before the end of
the month though). I think it is important to get these bindings out to
packagers and developers, at least in some kind of 'snapshot' way and
especially when they are changing and being improved so quickly. Interest in
non-C++ kde development is growing...

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/