[Kde-bindings] problem with juic

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 14:00:45 UTC 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 14:40, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to package juic fine, but I've run into a few problem
> with a test UI file:
>
> * I also get the following console output:
>     domi: /tmp/testjuic> juic macrowizardbase.ui
>     xsltproc --nonet --novalid /usr/share/juic/juic.xsl macrowizardbase.ui
>     Using output file MacroWizardBase.java with Exslt extension
>     xmlXPathCompOpEval: function string-replace not found
>     XPath error : Unregistered function
>     xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack
>     runtime error: file /usr/share/juic/java/properties.xsl line 219
>     element value-of
>     xsltValueOf: text copy failed
>     no result for macrowizardbase.ui
>   which is pretty ugly
>
> * it doesn't quote the quotes in '<string>Select the "given" objects
>   for your new macro and press "Next".</string>', leading to a compile
>   error.
>
> * A lot of variables in the constructor are not declared before use,
>   leading to a lot of compile errors.
>
> I'm attaching the ui file I used for testing, along with the generated
> .java file.  I've already fixed the second problem, the last problems
> only appears after fixing it.
We've never announced it as part of the qtjava release. I've meaning to take a
look at it for ages. Last time I asked Marco he said he'd been too busy with
his wife and dog to do anything with it. But it's really important to have a
working juic certainly.

> P.S.: Is this the correct list for this kind of thing ?  Should I file
> bug reports instead ?  Should I send this to kde-java instead perhaps
> ?
kde-java is the best list. I don't think bug reports make sense if we haven't
released it. I'm happy to help fix it anyway.