[Kde-bindings] problem with juic

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Apr 3 13:40:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've managed to package juic fine, but I've run into a few problem
with a test UI file:

* I also get the following console output:
    domi: /tmp/testjuic> juic macrowizardbase.ui
    xsltproc --nonet --novalid /usr/share/juic/juic.xsl macrowizardbase.ui
    Using output file MacroWizardBase.java with Exslt extension
    xmlXPathCompOpEval: function string-replace not found
    XPath error : Unregistered function
    xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack
    runtime error: file /usr/share/juic/java/properties.xsl line 219
    element value-of
    xsltValueOf: text copy failed
    no result for macrowizardbase.ui
  which is pretty ugly

* it doesn't quote the quotes in '<string>Select the "given" objects
  for your new macro and press "Next".</string>', leading to a compile
  error.

* A lot of variables in the constructor are not declared before use,
  leading to a lot of compile errors.

I'm attaching the ui file I used for testing, along with the generated
.java file.  I've already fixed the second problem, the last problems
only appears after fixing it.

cheers
domi

P.S.: Is this the correct list for this kind of thing ?  Should I file
bug reports instead ?  Should I send this to kde-java instead perhaps
?