[Kde-bindings] Re: kdebindings/qtruby (silent)

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 10:06:19 UTC 2003

On Thursday 31 July 2003 10:09, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 10:16, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> > hello again richard :)
> >
> > cvs version of qtruby doesn't appear to work at all for me :(
> >    # ruby t1.rb
> >    t1.rb:5: uninitialized constant Qt::Application (NameError)
> > any ideas for debugging it?
> >    Qt::Internal.Classes = {}
> >    Qt::Internal.CppName = {}
> > where did it go wrong?
> > (or last tarball 0.6 worked otoh, i can find the
> >  part of the diff that broke it if its useful)
> > oh. ruby version 1.8 pre 5. (and pre 3 also doesn't work)
>
> Oh dear! The only thing I can think of is that I moved qtruby/qtruby.rb to
> qtruby/lib/Qt.rb, and that has messed something up.
Indeed - I hadn't actually tried the installed version - it worked fine for me
until I did.. The problem is that Qt.so and Qt.rb were being installed in the
ruby top level, and they've got the same name which confuses ruby, so I've
moved Qt.rb from qtruby/lib to qtruby/lib/Qt now and it should be fine.