[Kde-bindings] Re: AW: AW: [Kde-perl] PerlQt port for Qtopia / Zaurus?

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 08:49:30 UTC 2003

--- Adam Treat <manyoso at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We do the same thing with signal/slots (a bunch of proxy slots for
> each
> signature) and have been looking for a better way.  The ideal
> solution for us
> would be a Connect method that took a function pointer as the slot.
> Do you
> know if TT is working on a introspective wrapper or some other tool
> for the
> bindings in Qt-4.x?  If not then maybe we can ask in unison and see
> what they
> say ;)

Hrm... I just downloaded QSA, the Qt Scripting for Applications. It
adds support for receiving signals in JavaScript. Wanna guess how it
works?

function enabledChangedHandler( b )
{
    debug( "state changed to: " + b );
}

function init()
{
    var obj = new MyObject;
    // connect a script function to the signal
    connect( obj, "enabledChanged(bool)", this, "enabledChangedHandler"
);
    obj.enabled = true;
    debug( "obj is enabled: " + obj.enabled );
}

Here's the big question: How do they do it in the C++ code? Same way as
PerlQt. Even they don't bother with a pretty introspective wrapper
class. In fact, ALL of QSA is a big damned invasion of the QMeta*
hierarchy looking for properties, signals and slots. *grumble*

Ashley Winters