[Kde-bindings] A sample of our subset of QtC

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 00:51:21 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 12:32 am, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 11 January 2003 3:36 pm, Adam Treat wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 January 2003 02:48 pm, Ashley Winters wrote:
> > > Well, extern "C" only defines the linkage. It's hardly a legal C
> > > header, which would be a requirement for a real version of QtC. Without
> > > C headers to go along with the library, it's only half functional.
> >
> > Well, our glue lib isn't meant as a C binding library.  QtC is still the
> > place for that.  We are only going todo a subset like i said and then
> > call Qt directly after that.
>
> The C functions in QtC could be #ifdef'd out, so they could be included or
> not as a build time option depending on whether you wanted to use name
> mangling or call via wrapper functions. What about name mangling in Visual
> C on Windows - is that the same as for gcc 3.2.x?

We still need the extra pointers in the constructors not to mention other
features that are not likely to be of use to other bindings.  The name
mangling scheme for GCC is quite different even among versions let alone
other compilers.  We are focusing on GCC3.2 as the ABI has been formally set
in stone (so to speak ;).  I think the name mangling could be done for MSVC
at least in theory.