[Kde-bindings] A sample of our subset of QtC

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 13:50:21 UTC 2003

On Saturday 11 January 2003 06:26 am, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 8:20 pm, Adam Treat wrote:
> > Richard,
> >
> > I just wanted to show you an example of our subset of QtC.  This only
> > includes the ctors at the moment (not the virtuals) but the important
> > piece is the typedef ;)  The inclusion of the typedefs in the xml
> > metadata really increases the amount of ctors/methods in QtC.
>
> I'm not quite sure what problem you are solving here. What does that
> 'managedObject' instance variable do - why not just return an instance of
> QApplicationGlue and use that?

See my other post for a rational of the managedObject pointer.

> I don't convert any of the methods with
> HANDLE and 'Display *' types because they're X11 specific, and I'm only
> interested in a cross platform api (in java anyway).

Well, we want to support all of the Qt methods and then use some macros to
determine what is exposed for different platforms ie, the way real Qt does
it.  The typedefs make this possible.  Maybe QApplication and the HANDLE
typedef is a bad example, but many others exist where QtC could use typedefs
to increase the coverage of the amount of methods exposed.

> 'QApplication *' is a C++ type, and I wouldn't have thought you could
> bracket it within an extern "C" {.. } block as you've done below.

It builds and works.