[Kde-bindings] builddir != sourcedir fixes

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 28 10:49:21 UTC 2003

On Friday 26 December 2003 20:11, Richard Lärkäng wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After quite a bit of patching I got kdebindings to build with srcdir !=
> builddir.
>
> The patches mostly are adding $(srcdir) in front of paths, but there are
> some others too.
Yes, I've had a look through the patch - it all looks good to me. I think a
patch for smoke/kde the same as the smoke/qt one is needed (although that
only gets built if '--enable-smoke=kde' is passed to configure).
QtRuby/Korundum needs ruby 1.8 and above - is there an easy way to add a
version check to the ruby config?

> But I can't compile kdejava without editing the Makefile, in
> kdejava/koala/org/kde/koala i get this: make: execvp: /bin/sh: Argument
> list too long
> make: *** [classjava.stamp] Error 127
>
> I can get around this by removing the if at the beginning and the "else :;
> fi" at the end in: classjava.stamp: $(java_JAVA)
>         @if test -n "$?"; then \
>         echo '$(CLASSPATH_ENV) $(JAVAC) -d $(JAVAROOT) $(AM_JAVACFLAGS)
> $(JAVACFLAGS) $?' ; \ $(CLASSPATH_ENV) $(JAVAC) -d $(JAVAROOT) \
>         $(AM_JAVACFLAGS) $(JAVACFLAGS) $?; \
>         else :; fi
>         echo timestamp > classjava.stamp
>
> But I have no idea how to solve this.
It doesn't look as though removing the test will do much harm, but when I
regenerated the java bindings on Dec 23rd, I might possibly have removed more
sources than I added. I don't know what limit is that is being exceeded.

> Also I added some configure checks for ruby and disabling the build of the
> ruby bindings if it couldn't be found.
Thats good, thanks. There is a problem in that the most recent qtruby project
is in kdebindings branch called 'korundum', and we will need to be very
careful not to get messed up trying to keep the versions in step. I'll
promote your ruby changes to qtruby in korundum when you've added them to
HEAD.

> Can I commit this?
Yes, please go ahead.