[Kde-bindings] Panel Applets in Python

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Aug 31 07:34:15 UTC 2003

I recall a message a while ago regarding doing panel applets or
plugins in languages other than C++. I just added Python plugin
support to PyKDE-3.8rc1 (lots of docs too):

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pykde

The same method should work for writing panel extensions, KParts,
styles, etc. - I just haven't gotten around to those yet. It's
possible to do panel applets completely in Python - no C++
required (on the user's part anyway). I also added an applet
installer that takes care of the drudgery (symlinks, desktop
file, installing in the right place, etc). It's "rc1" because
the installer needs a little work yet - otherwise it's complete.

If anyone wants more info, let me know.

Jim