[Kde-bindings] Re: [Kde-perl] Re: perlQt question

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sat Aug 30 03:38:27 UTC 2003

Le Vendredi 29 Août 2003 09:02, Richard Dale a écrit :

> I think the munged method signature for QGlobalSpace operator should be
> 'operator+#', not '+#' as that makes the runtime code less messy.
> Otherwise, you have to try both ways, and for both static and instance
> methods.

I'm all for it. The different name made sense in an Operator class but now...

> In kalyptusCxxToSmoke.pm, makeprotos() should look like this:
>
> # Generate the prototypes for a method (one per arg with a default value)
> sub makeprotos($$$) {
>     my $classidx = shift;
>     my $method = shift;
>     my $protolist = shift;
>     my $name = defined $method->{OriginalName} ? $method->{OriginalName} :
> $method->{astNodeName};
>     iterproto($classidx, $method, $name, 0, $protolist);
> }
>
> So it uses the new OriginalName attribute with 'operator' in it.

mmh, we could even spare to modify the name if we have no use for it... IMO,
name modifications, if needed, shouldn't happen in kalyptus but rather in
kalyptusCxxTo* (they could all have different needs).
So I would even suppress this {OriginalName} which is rather a hack :)
Attached patch does that, please apply if you like it, or do it as you prefer.

Germain