[Kde-bindings] Readable GCC dump parser

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 07:18:19 UTC 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 21:03, Ashley Winters wrote:
> --- Ashley Winters <jahqueel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Okay, every thing will have a URL which uniquely identifies it. For
> > example, QWidget::resize(int, int) will be:
> >
> > http://trolltech.com/api/qt/method/QWidget/resize?int%2cint
>
> I love responding to myself. Okay, I've been reminded that KDE's doc
> system isn't going to like me using http:// for that, and I want these
> URIs to be used for documentation! So, change http:// to mirror://
>
> mirror://trolltech.com/api/qt/method/QWidget/resize?int%2cint
>
> I want source-code browsers and debuggers and whatever else there is to
> be able to link to documentation through the URIs being used to access
> the Mirror functions. Since every function has a unique URI, it should
> be able to pull up the docs for that specific function, right?
>
> Also, I meant URI in every place I said URL. :)
Yes, I like this one! If we have dynamic languages, then documentation should
be generated dynamically - put the C++ code snippets through some .xsl to
reformat to ruby on the fly.

You could use the unique names it to tie other things together like wiki
discussions about a particualar api call or whatever. People could literally
'live' in the api with jabber discussions 'at' a particular location
representing an api call.