GCompris 0.91 release

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:08:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are releasing GCompris 0.91, a new bugfix release to correct some
issues in previous version and improve a few things.

Every GNU/Linux distribution shipping 0.90 should update to 0.91.

Here is a list to summarize the changes.

Activities:

# fix English text in several activities
# fix score position in several activities
# block some buttons and interactions when needed in several places
# lots of fixes for audio in several activities
# number_sequence (and others based on it), fix base layout
# update dataset for clickanddraw, drawnumbers and drawletters
# crane, add localized dataset
# lightsoff, add keyboard support and other fixes
# algorithm, add keyboard support and other fixes
# money, fixes for locale currency used
# ballcatch, improve audio feedback
# calendar, several little fixes
# memory-case-association fix icons size

Other changes:

# re-enable sound effects on linux
# improved playback of sound effects, no more delay
# add captions to images and OARS tags in the appdata
# add Scottish Gaelic to core, and update some datasets for it
# main bar, fix some items size
# remove unused images

You can find this new version on the download page
<https://gcompris.net/downloads-en.html>, and soon in the Play store and
Windows store.

md5sum for all downloads are here: md5sums
<http://gcompris.net/download/qt/md5sums-0.91.txt>

The sources tarball and installers for Linux and windows are signed by
Timothée Giet. You can retrieve the public key over https here:
0x63d7264c05687d7e.asc <https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/YjKzYs1bgDsOo5V>.

On the translation side, we have 16 languages fully supported: British
English, Catalan, Catalan (Valencian), Chinese Traditional, Dutch,
French, Greek, Indonesian, Irish Gaelic, Italian, Polish, Portuguese,
Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
We also have 15 languages partially supported: Norwegian Nynorsk (97%),
Hindi (96%), Turkish (90%), Scottish Gaelic (86%), Galician (86%),
Brazilian Portuguese (84%), Belarusian (84%), German (81%), Chinese
Simplified (79%), Russian (78%), Estonian (77%), Slovak (76%), Finnish
(76%), Slovenian (69%), Breton (65%).

Thank you all,
Timothée & Johnny