libqaccessibilityclient v0.2.0 release

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Tue Jul 25 11:15:48 UTC 2017

Hi all,

we've been doing some housekeeping at Akademy, and libqaccessibilityclient
came up.

What is it?
========
Since it's hard to grasp all the bits related to accessibility, I'll try to
explain what the lib is for.
Most of the stack is part of Qt 5, so nothing to worry about, that's the part
that lets applications expose their UI over DBus for AT-SPI, so they work
nicely with assisitve tools (e.g. Orca). In accessibility language, the
applications act as "servers" and the screen reader for example is a client.

This library is for writing clients, so applications that are assistive, such
as screen readers. It currently has two users: KMag and Simon.
KMag can use it to follow the focus (e.g. when editing text, it can
automatically magnify the part of the document where the cursor is.

For Simon Listens, the use is to be able to let the user trigger menus and
buttons by voice input.

Details
======
My gpg key, used for signing the tag and tarball:
      pub   rsa4096/96EC0C92 2014-03-16 [SC]
      Key fingerprint = FB25 8618 6106 3C64 C97B  89AE 125C 53EB 96EC 0C92
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?
op=vindex&search=0xFB25861861063C64C97B89AE125C53EB96EC0C92

https://download.kde.org/unstable/libqaccessibilityclient/

It was previously released as stable, it should probably rather be unstable,
even though it doesn't see many changes. It will be used in the forthcoming
kmag release.

Thanks go to Jonathan for nagging me :-)

Cheers,
Frederik