Vid2DvD BackUp 1.1

Mike H zeckman1138 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 15:04:11 CET 2011

Name: Vid2DvD BackUp
Version: 1.1
Type: KDE Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander
License: GPL
Homepage:
More Info:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=136902

 An App to help backup your favourite Video files
captured from you cameras, phones or web to DvD.
Compatible with all players, software, hardware,
consoles and Blu-ray devices.

Another one of my \\\'for home use only\\\' tools
for all to download.

This is a basic replacement for the likes of
\\\'Devede\\\', with a few extra features that
some of these Apps do not have. Including
automatic multiple menu creation, perfect DTS to
AC3 conversion, support for subtitles, and
reformatting of Aspect ratio. There\\\'s also and
Audio extraction and Muxing tool to help remove
unwanted foreign languages, with ability to
directly export out as an MKV. extremely useful
for those with network capable TV\\\'s that
don\\\'t support DTS or AAC 5.1, but perfectly
read AC3 5.1 for audio playback via your surround
sound processor.

Written for Ubuntu 10.10 64bit(does work perfectly
well on 32bit)

depends on ::

Kommander 3.5.10

And many dependencies. I\\\'ve written a
dependency check and install into this App, but
fundamentally it relies on ::

mencoder
ffmpeg
xterm
sed
gawk
imagemagick
mjpegtools
libdca-utils
aften
faad
dvdauthor
mkvtoolnix
genisoimage
dvd+rw-tools

if there are problems with the dependency check,
please make sure you are capable of running
\\\'apt-get\\\',\\\'apt-cache\\\' and that your
system gives you the ability to be a sudo user
(gksudo)

Once you have extracted the 7z to a folder of your
choice (I normally install my apps to the
\\\'opt\\\' directory in the root of the file
system), make sure you have given the
\\\'.kmdr\\\' file permission to be executable
(right click, properties, then permissions).
You\\\'ll want to create a mini bash
script(\\\'.sh\\\' file) to aid starting the app
in the \\\'bin\\\' directory... it may go a little
something like this ::

#!/bin/sh

cd \\\"Add your path to folder here\\\"

kmdr-executor DvDBackup_v1.1.kmdr

change its mode and executable permission with in
a terminal (sudo chmod +x /path to sh/Vid2DvD.sh)
then go create a menu entry.

After first starting the App head to \\\'DVD
Settings\\\' and set the folder for the menu
system, and remember to save the settings.

If you want you can use my Menu system as a
template to create your own.

Finally, just a little heads up for the 32bit
users. There seems to be a problem with
\\\'Aften\\\' on Ubuntu 10.04 / 10.10 32bit. When
its converting AAC 5.1 to AC3 it will only encode
a maximum of 62 minutes. This does not effect the
dvdbackup only the \\\'Audio \\\'n Mux\\\' tool.

enjoy

JOB RECOMMENDATION:

more jobs: http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/