KTorrent 4.0beta2 released
joris.guisson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:29:37 CEST 2010
The second beta release for 4.0 is out, this is the first version of
ktorrent to feature support for the µTorrent transport protocol. It is
still in an experimental stadium but it should be fairly stable.
Next to this big change, a whole bunch of bugs were fixed and several
improvements where made:
* Authentication can now be disabled in the webinterface (use with
* A new plugin to generate magnet URI's from torrents was added
* Events like hibernating and the network going down for some
time, are now handled in a better way.
* Individual torrents can now be paused (downloading and uploading
is stopped, but connections are kept alive), this has resulted in the
pausing of the queue to be renamed to suspend.
* A disk getting full is now handled in a much better way
* UDP tracker scraping was added
* The usability of the queue manager widget has been improved by
adding search functionality, indicating whether a torrent is a seed or
a download, and making it possible to move multiple torrents at the
Many more changes were made, for more details take a look at the ChangeLog.
I would like to thank everybody who contributed to this release.
Downloads can be found on our website http://ktorrent.org
More information about the Kde-announce-apps