kikkanji 1.0

Mathieu Jobin somekool at somekool.net
Sat Jun 13 17:10:03 CEST 2009

Name: kikkanji
Version: 1.0
Type: KDE Education
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: BSD
Homepage: http://blog.somekool.net

 This is a plasma applet which displays kanji. it
has a timer that make the kanji change every two
minute, you can also forward to the next one with
a simple click or go backward with a shift-click.

config dialog is still missing. it displays kanji
up to grade 3 by default. that can be change in
the code. until I add a config dialog.

it requires KDE 4.2 and Plasma. it is written in
Ruby, so it requries QtRuby/Korundum.

Package is not distribution specific.

get dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install rubygems
libkorundum4-ruby1.8
$ sudo gem install actionsupport activerecord

then simply install with
$ plasmapkg -i kikkanji.zip

Changelog:
 # 2006.05.16 - Project started in QtRuby for KDE
3. I wanted a kicker applet for displaying kanji,
so I called it kikkanji. but QtRuby could not
create kikker applet at the time so I made a main
window.
# 2009-02-* - Project ported to KDE4/Plasma

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Junior Software Engineer in Stuttgart (w/m) -
softSCIENCE GmbH - vollzeit
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=61
------
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=109

more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/