Qt-SixA 0.3

FIlipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:26:15 CEST 2009

Name: Qt-SixA
Version: 0.3
Type: KDE Other Utility
Depend: PyKDE/PyQt
License: GPL
Homepage:

 Intro:
After the BlueZ stack was updated to 4.xx, Sixaxis
joysticks (from Sony PS3 console) stop working.
There's some people on the bluez team working to
make it work, but it seems that it could take a
while.
So I decided to create a simple GUI that would use
some patched 'hidd' that allows to connect Sixaxis
to a Linux PC "out-of-the-box".

The app is called 'SixA' (It will be in 'Apps' ->
'Utils' -> 'SixA'). The GUI is almost complete and
has been tested to work in 32, 64bit and
PowerPC/PS3 computers. on LPIA architecture may
also work, but this has never been tested.

Installation:
To install, simply add my repository to the
Software Sources:
(It's normal if it gives a warning when updating
sources; the repo isn't trusted yet)
Code:

deb http://falktx.xtreemhost.com/repo/ubuntu
jaunty main

Then can you install it by opening a terminal and
type:
Code:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install
qt-sixa

Usage:
I could explain every detail of the GUI, but it is
so easy to use that I don't thing it needs an
explanation.

Screenshot:
http://www.kde-apps.org/CONTENT/cont.../107197-1.jpeg
(It's KDE4.3, Air Theme)

Updates:
I plan to keep working on the GUI until the
Sixaxis joystick is officially supported in Linux.
I'll try to, at least, update the repo once a
week.

Bugs or feature requests:
Please do it in my blog:
http://falktx.blogspot.com/

About the Code:
The GUI is written in pyQT (python-qt4) and uses a
bash-script (named 'sixa') to do the GUI
operations. It's released under the GPL v2 license
and you can get the code here:
(It's in the source directory)
http://falktx.xtreemhost.com/repo

Changelog:
 Update: (Copied from Changelog)
* Final release
* Revert old "View available keys" text file (new
file is doesn't work)
* Small fix of the SMPlayer profile
* Changed name from SixA to Qt-SixA
* Change Holmen status as former developer
* Updated links to the new Qt-SixA blog

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Junior Software Engineer in Stuttgart (w/m) -
softSCIENCE GmbH - vollzeit
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=61
------
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=109

more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/