AI - AltimatOS Installer 20080321

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Sat Mar 22 03:43:57 CET 2008

Name: AI - AltimatOS Installer
Version: 20080321
Type: KDE System Tool
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.altimatos.com/ai.html

 SEEKING DEVELOPERS and TRANSLATORS! Contact for
more information.

AI - The AltimatOS Installer.

This depends on PerlKDE 3.009-b2, RPM 5.x, and KDE
3.5.x. It's supposed to be used with a live CD
environment that contains the RPM packages to
install the OS.

I am open to the idea of having it be usable with
apt-rpm, Debian apt, dpkg or Slackware's package
tools. Also I'll be willing to entertain making it
distribution agnostic so it can be used with ANY
flavor, as long as folks are willing to help add
in the needed support.

If you want to use this for installing your OS,
please be kind and a) drop me a note, b) honor the
license (GPL) and send all changes upstream so we
all can benefit, c) patch out the logos and
references to our distribution as it is our
trademark. Thanks :)

Patches are welcome.

Changelog:
 Was based off Phinos' code base, now has wildly
diverged.

20080321
- Migrated application to PerlKDE instead of
straight PerlQt to gain access to KDE's widgets.

20080316:
- Still a work in progress, Removed all calls to
Proc::Simple and am now only using QProcess.
- More work has gone into the partitioning back
end of AI. Within one week, we'll have a working
partitioning backend in the core.
- More UI clean ups.

20080313:
- Still a work in progress, much of the code is
now moving towards QProcess for external commands
versus Perl's Proc::Simple, as Proc::Simple will
cause RPM to hard lock.
- Much cleaner code base since the beginning of
the re-write after leaving PhoeNUX OS' development
team.
- No translations at this time.