Transcogg 2.2

José JORGE lists.jjorge at free.fr
Fri Apr 11 14:44:49 CEST 2008

Name: Transcogg
Version: 2.2
Type: Amarok Script
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage: http://jjorge.free.fr

 This Amarok plugin shrinks (reduce the size) your
files (MP3, OGG and FLAC) before tranfering them
to your devices, to put more music in them. It
also normalizes the volume of ReplayGain tagged
files.

You need a device that plays the patent free
Ogg/Vorbis format to benefit of this script.

Translations are welcome, contact me if you want
to add your language to French and Portuguese
existing translations.

This script loves multi-core machines, as it uses
3 threads to decode, normalize and encode.

FAQ:
1. My OGG files are not reencoded, only MP3 ones
are converted to OGG?
-You have to ask Amarok to convert file "if
possible" if you want the OGG files to be reduced,
as this is a OGG to OGG conversion.

2. Amarok only transfers the first file at each
transfer?
-Ask Amarok also to delete the converted file, or
you won't be able to transfer more than one file.

Changelog:
 Version 2.2 :
- a bug with filenames containing spaces was
corrected. Warnings are displayed with kdialog if
it is avalaible.

Version 2.1 :
- now volume level is normalised for all supported
file formats, and a bug with filenames containing
& or à was corrected.

Version 2.0 :
- new feature, the volume level is normalised for
Ogg files that were analysed with ReplayGain
(another Amarok plugin)