KarperScore 2.0

Karthik Periagaram karthikp at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 5 15:38:39 CEST 2007

Name: KarperScore
Version: 2.0
Type: Amarok Script
Depend:

 The score of a song should, in theory, be the
computer's best guess at how much the user likes
the song. Since I felt that the default scoring
script falls short of what I want it to do, I did
a parametric study and developed a model that
considers various factors like the user's rating,
playcount etc. and deduces a more apt score. To
read more on the analysis,
http://karper.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/karperscore-redux/

Changelog:
 Version 2.0
 Score now factors in rating, playcount and
percentage at user-set levels of importance.

 Version 1.1
 Fixed a major bug which resulted in using the
next song's rating instead of the current song's.