K-Yamo v0.40a4-2

roland weigert roweigert at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 21 13:35:33 CET 2007

Name: K-Yamo
Version: v0.40a4-2
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: KDE 3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://k-yamo.sourceforge.net

 K-Yamo is a music-organizer for tagging music
files (mp3 and ogg atm)
,and ripping audio-cds. It uses the tags, to
rename files, and can generate complete structured
music-directories, out of your musiccollection
that way.
It can help you out with tags out of the database
it uses optionally, so you don't need to type
everything.
You can tag complete directory-trees at once, and
only change selected values. (for example set the
artist of a complete directory)
Since this version, K-Yamo can guess the tags out
of the filenames, and get missing tags from
musicbrainz.
(Please read the Howto included, to find out, how
the creating of the filters works. It is really
easy, if you know it.)

Here is your new alpha for testing, I am still
working on it, but it works better than any
version before (I think).

Had to chance the coversearch-code, cause google
changed theyr picture-search-function a bit. I
hope they keep it this time for a while.

Once again: Have fun with this new version.

Needs cdparanoia for ripping of cds.
Needs taglib!
Needs id3lib!

Optionally it needs mysql for storing all the tags
in a database.

Changelog:
 v0.50-pre-alpha2
I grabbed the wrong source-tree yesterday, so not
every new feature was in. The Coverfinder in
ripper now works, as promised on my homepage.

v0.50-pre-alpha1
Here is a pre-alpha for TESTING. The ripper is in
good parts done, so you can take a glimpse on what
I'm writing atm.  There are no settings yet, so it
always rips into your homedir with 192kbit using
lame and a preset filter
(#GENRE#/#BAND#/#ALBUM#/#TRACK#-#SONG#). The
upload-button is also not wired yet. The 3rd
screenshot is from the new version.
Attention:
It depends on QT4 and taglib.
compiling is done with qmake and than make.
Install is not yet possible.

If you test it, drop some comments here, but
remeber it's not all ready yet.(But what is ready
works really well)

The tagger is yet only a tagviewer.
If you want a full working version, use the
0.40a4-2-verison

Its a complete rewrite, so a changelog makes no
sense, but you can track all status on my
homepage, as I always blog what I do on it.

v0.40a4
-Added Coversearch over google.
-Added Contextmenus in tagger.
-Speedup through optimization of progress-dialog
-Filenames containing foreign signs are saved and
opened without problems now
-Integrated playerinterface
-Improve of tagguesser, when using points

v0.40a4-2
-Fixed the google cover-search, so it works again.