[Kde-announce-apps] K Learning Aid 0.7.6-beta

rene schmidt rene at reneschmidt.de
Sat Mar 10 13:47:40 CET 2007

Name: K Learning Aid
Version: 0.7.6-beta
Type: Education
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://www.log.reneschmidt.de/categories/14-K-Learning-Aid

 Klaid - K Learning Aid
Pops up kvtml file items on the desktop. Use
KWordQuiz or FlashKard to produce
kvtml files and load them into Klaid. It will grab
all complete n x m
related items (e.g. "Question" and "Answer", or
"Word A" and "Word B") and
displays them periodically as PopUps on the
desktop. It is like someone is
sitting behind you making sure you know all the
terms for your next exam or
test while surfing the web, coding, or whatever.

Installation
Download the beta installer, make it executable.
Double-click the installer and follow the
instructions. Supported distros: only Ubuntu Edgy
so far, please report install success on other
systems, thank you.

MD5: bcfbf06eba3cf6e9a7e3e3627e3b0ca2

Source is GPL licensed (free as in speech), the
binary is free as in beer.

Rene Schmidt
Contributions by Pieter Pareit

Changelog:
 Planned for the next version: docs/help

2007-03-10 Rene Schmidt
 * Maintenance release, re-packaged using
InstallJammer

2005-04-23 Rene Schmidt
 * Version 0.7.6 beta
 * Added dutch translation (thanks to Pieter
Pareit), added slovenian translation (thanks to
Jaka Kranjc), small bugfixes, source should now
compile smoothly again

2005-04-20 Rene Schmidt
 * Version 0.7.5 beta
 * Created german translation, added program icon,
some minor code cleanups

2005-04-16 Rene Schmidt
 * Version 0.7.4 beta
 * Revamped the GUI a bit more, switched from
toolboxes to tabs

2005-04-16 Rene Schmidt
 * Version 0.7.3 beta
 * implemented sound event
 * revamped the GUI a bit
 * made automake to install a K Menu item in
Edutainment

2005-03-31 Pieter Pareit
 * Version 0.7.2 beta
 * created PassivePopup, subclass of
KPassivePopup, and moved some code from
klaidwidget to it.
 * implemented moving of PassivePopup.

0.6-Please note: users who use KLAid frequently
should feel obliged to give me some constructive
feedback, whether it is positive or negative. This
is how the community works. I would like to
improve the software but I can't when nobody is
going to tell me whats good or wrong with it. I am
not promising that I do everything that you
suggest but I will take everything into account.
Thank you for your attention. Other improvements
in this version: colors for popups customisable;
program now saves and loads settings; fixed tab
order

0.3-new GUI layout (I am not yet satisfied with
it, please give feedback), main.cpp bugfix
(hopefully), fonts for popups customisable

0.2-bugfix in GUI; system tray now has a tooltip,
showing time the next popup will be shown (when
timer is running)

0.1-initial release