[Kde-announce-apps] amaroKopete 1.0

Pablo Chinea Khertz khertz at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:19:59 CEST 2006

Name: amaroKopete
Version: 1.0
Type: amaroK Script
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
License: GPL
Homepage:

 This script changes Kopete global nickname with a
customized name based on current song information,
and optionally allows to use the cover as global
photo.

The customized nickname is built with a variables
set that contains the information about the
current song. For example:

Pattern: "Now I'm listening %t by %a, track number
%b in %m (%y)"
Nick: "Now I'm listening Yesterday by The Beatles,
track number 13 in Help! (1965)"

The available variables set is:

%a -> Artist name
%t -> Title name
%n -> Now Playing (same as '%a - %t')
%m -> Album name
%g -> Genre
%y -> Year
%b -> Track number
%d -> Song duration

Note: This script changes only the nickname and
(optionally) the photo, but doesn't change the
away status or away message, if you want to change
those items use "Kopete Now Listening for Amarok"
or "kopete msn message notifier", also available
in kde-apps.

Dependencies:
Kommander - http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/

Recommends: