[Kde-announce-apps] Kwlan 0.5.8
tom.michel at arcor.de
Sat Dec 16 00:07:17 CET 2006
Type: Networking Tool
Depend: KDE 3.x
Network manager for kde.
Allows you to configure different network profiles
using all encryptions wpa_supplicant provides
(wep, wpa, wpa2 etc) for wireless networks.
Since version 0.4.5 kwlan can connect to
unencrypted networks if wpa_supplicant is not
Kwlan can also store profiles for wired networks.
Dialup networks can be edited and connected to as
Systray icons show connection statistics per
interface (can be disabled).
- Added broadcom and bsd drivers to wpa_supplicant
- Added options to configure phase1 and phase2
- Added option to prevent interfaces from being
configured by Kwlan
- Added option to use custom wpa_supplicant config
- Use only /sys/class for interface detection and
statistics instead of ifconfig
- start pppd in user mode instead of root mode
(requires user to be in dialup group,
respects linux group access rights)
- Added warning if user is not in dialup group
- Added documentation (at least started it...)
More information about the Kde-announce-apps