[Kde-announce-apps] Dolphin File Manager 0.6.2
peter.penz at gmx.at
Wed Aug 30 23:45:06 CEST 2006
Name: Dolphin File Manager
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
Dolphin is a file manager for KDE focusing on
usability. The main features of Dolphin are:
- Navigation bar for URLs, which allows to
navigate quickly through the file hierarchy.
- View properties are remembered for each folder.
- Split of views is supported.
- Network transparency.
- Undo/redo functionality.
Dolphin is not intended to be a competitor to
Konqueror: Konqueror acts as universal viewer
being able to show HTML pages, text documents,
directories and a lot more, whereas Dolphin
focuses on being only a file manager. This
approach allows to optimize the user interface for
the task of file management.
Dolphin is currently in beta stage, but provides
already most features for daily usage. The final
1.0 release is scheduled for end of this year.
PS: I'm on vacation until the end of September and
cannot give any support for Dolphin during this
- The status bar shows the available size of the
current mount point.
- Added support for KDE session management
(implemented by Stefan Monov)
- The sorting type and order is remembered for
- When selecting files the amount of size is shown
in the statusbar.
- Position of scrollbars is remembered also if the
scroll wheel is used.
- The content of the 'Size' column in the details
mode is right aligned.
- When entering an URL, then ~ is replaced by the
users home directory.
- It's possible to specify default modes for
'Split view' and 'Editable navigation bar' for
- Fixed wrong preview position for some MIME
- Improved error messages.
- Initial user documentation is available (thanks
to Michael Austin and Orville Bennett).
More information about the Kde-announce-apps