[Kde-announce-apps] WorKflow-Kate 0.1

Thomas Kadauke tkadauke at gmx.de
Thu Aug 3 16:03:03 CEST 2006

Name: WorKflow-Kate
Version: 0.1
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage:

 WorKflow-Kate -- Automates the Kate editor

First off, WARNING: This ist pre-alpha software,
which can be used to destroy your personal data.
Do not use it with original files. Do *NEVER* run
it as root.

This package depends on the WorKflow package
(search for WorKflow on kde-apps.org). It provides
a number of commands to automate tasks related to
the Kate editor, as well as a plugin which
integrates the WorKflow application into Kate.

Currently, not a lot of commands are implemented.
However, several tasks can be automated already.
Examples are:

- Get selected text from Kate, Sort text lines,
and Replace selected text in Kate with the sorted
text (see screenshot).
- Search a folder for files ending in .txt and
open them in Kate.

In future versions, I plan to provide many more
commands. However, I\\\'d like to get feedback on
what your day-to-day workflows with the Kate
editor are, that you would like to see automated.
This way, most needed commands will be provided
first.