Provision of enabling tests for frameworks

Sharaf Zaman shzam at sdf.org
Tue Jan 10 18:10:24 GMT 2023

Hi!

Today I encountered a bug with KConfig [1], which surfaced because of the quirks
of QSaveFile and Android. Even though these bugs are trivial [2], but having
them in code is bad (especially since, saving files, configs can be serious if
not done properly).

So, I’d like to ask, is there somebody who is working on getting unit tests etc
to work on Android for kde-frameworks? If not, do you think it would be a good
idea to think about it right now? Given more and more KDE apps are getting on
mobile platform.

[1]: <https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfig/-/merge_requests/154>

[2]: And I wouldn’t have bothered had this happened for the first time, but I
had to deal quite a lot of these over the years with Krita. Having some sort of
testing for frameworks, could also help applications, hence I’m here :)

Kind Regards,
Sharaf Zaman
<https://www.sh-zam.com>