The Play store 64bit requirement

Casper Meijn casper at meijn.net
Sun Aug 11 19:31:14 BST 2019

Hi Aleix,

I don't know whether you are still looking for feedback. I want to
report that I successfully updated my Android app [1] to have 64-bit
support. I used kdeorg/android-arm-sdk and kdeorg/android-aarch64-sdk
Docker containers to build the application and fastlane to upload the
APKs.

Thanks for the great work!

Casper

[1] https://gitlab.com/caspermeijn/onvifviewer

Aleix Pol schreef op 2019-07-26 23:04:

> Hi,
> I built quickly another android image that produces aarch64:
> https://cloud.docker.com/u/apol/repository/docker/apol/asdk5.13
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could give it a test.
>
> There's a couple of changes needed in ECM to get this upstream.
>
> Aleix
>
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:25 PM Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
> <admin at leinir.dk> wrote:
> On Friday, 26 July 2019 10:56:48 BST Aleix Pol wrote: On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
>
> <admin at leinir.dk> wrote: Hey everybody :)
>
> With the many warning email being sent out from the Play store about
>
> requiring 64bit APKs for updates in a few days[1], i was wondering if this
> is something that anybody's had time/energy to look into for the android
> build docker?
>
> [1]
> https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/01/get-your-apps-ready-for
> -64-bit.html Hi,
> Yes, we should look into this but I haven't had the time.
>
> I'm wondering if it would make most sense to have another Dockerfile for
> 64bits:
> https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling.git/tree/system-images/android/sdk
> /Dockerfile
>
> Then we'd have separate images building the same apks side-by-side
> which is what Google Play seems to want right now.

  That does seem like it would probably be the most straightforward way
to do
this, rather than try and create those dual-mode apks i can't remember
the
name of which contain both 32 and 64 bit binaries... and yeah, also
seems like
it's what they actually want from us :)

--
..dan / leinir..