GCompris on kde build factory + f-droid release?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 15:55:46 BST 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 8:57 AM Johnny Jazeix <jazeix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thanks to Aleix, we managed to add GCompris to the build factory for android (https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Android/job/GCompris_android/). It is fully working and contains translations.
>
> The goal for GCompris team to add it on the build factory is to help providing an apk for f-droid.
> It would be great if we can discuss on the possibility of adding the latest stable branch of the project (mainly all the projects we, as KDE, want to distribute through the f-droid repos) and potentially have the choice of the Qt version (on Gcompris case, we distribute with Qt 5.9 which is the latest LTS release as we have a bug with Qt5.11 that is still not investigated).
> I'm not sure on the usefulness to have the job running daily (except when translators do new translations, the code should be stable)?
>
> I've added these topics to the kde notes for the sprint: https://notes.kde.org/p/kdeonandroid-sprint

FDroid it's something I've looked into. The idea is that as soon as it
builds in the binary-factory it gets listed there:
https://community.kde.org/Android/FDroid

This is a nightly builds repository for now.
Also it's not working that well, I think because of some bugs in the
F-Droid client. I'm seeing to bring someone from F-Droid to the sprint
and fix it, I'm not sure if it will be possible though.

Aleix