GCompris on kde build factory + f-droid release?

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:57:10 BST 2018

Hi all,

thanks to Aleix, we managed to add GCompris to the build factory for
android (https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Android/job/GCompris_android/).
It is fully working and contains translations.

The goal for GCompris team to add it on the build factory is to help
providing an apk for f-droid.
It would be great if we can discuss on the possibility of adding the latest
stable branch of the project (mainly all the projects we, as KDE, want to
distribute through the f-droid repos) and potentially have the choice of
the Qt version (on Gcompris case, we distribute with Qt 5.9 which is the
latest LTS release as we have a bug with Qt5.11 that is still not
investigated).
I'm not sure on the usefulness to have the job running daily (except when
translators do new translations, the code should be stable)?

I've added these topics to the kde notes for the sprint:
https://notes.kde.org/p/kdeonandroid-sprint

Johnny