Is there a project that is jovie successor? (fwd)

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Oct 26 16:36:55 BST 2021

Gustav,

Ok, the quickest way to debug this will be to set a LogDir in
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf like this:

#LogDir "default" <-- Comment out this one if it's not by adding the # at
the front.
LogDir "/home/jeremy/sdlogs/"

sudo will be needed to edit those files in /etc/speech-dispatcher/

you'll need to create an sdlogs folder in your home directory (I tried
using the default opensuse /var/log/speech-dispatcher path, but sd running
as me couldn't write there and it's complicated, better to just make a new
path in your home folder and point to it. Also use your username, not
jeremy :)

Then when you run spd-say "Hello" or whatever it will create a few log
files in that sdlogs path. I would say do that a couple of times then have
okular speak the current page a couple of times. Then zip up that sdlogs
folder and send it here and we can take a look at what speech-dispatcher is
getting, and hopefully find out why it sounds garbled on your audio system.

BR,
Jeremy