KTTS accessibility

Gustav Degreef gustav97 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 02:03:37 BST 2019

On 9/18/19 3:04 PM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> I think we could add such a context menu item to a tray icon in plasma
> (like ktts/jovie does) to speak the clipboard.

That would be excellent.  That's what makes Jovie fairly easy to use.  I
have looked for something like this in Windows (which I use much less
often) and I have not found it.

> In order to do likewise from a context menu in google
> chrome/firefox/some other browser we would likely need to add some
> kind of plugin to the browser itself.

There is an extension for Firefox which I use (or similar others) for
several years called "Text to Speech (TTS)" which works quite nicely.
If the extension is installed and enabled, you just select text and an
icon is then displayed somewhere near the selected text (it is not
consitently placed), then you click on the icon and it reads the text.
It has no funtionality to pause or resume, but it is very easy and works
with any page where text can be selected.

Thanks, Gustav