KTTS accessibility

Bob Stia rnr at pasco.org
Wed Sep 18 19:56:51 BST 2019

I am severly sight impaired and legally blind. I can see lines of text, but
cannot read the words. As such I have utilized KTTS for several years. I have
found it to be more than adequate for reading/speaking my selected text.

I can select text in a document or an Email or a web page which sends it to
the clipboard.   The copy is then present in the KTTS manager. I then open
KTTS manager which brings up the clipboard, choose jobs, then speak clipboard
where it is spoken back to me. This is cumberson, but works fine.

In the Chrome browser there is an app called select and speak. When you
highlight text it brings up an icon and/or which brings up a menu and choose
select or speak. This sends the selected text to a Google cloud, which then
speaks the selected text back to you. We don't need a cloud, we have
clipboard which receives the text.

It would improve accessibility,if at all possible, when we right click the
selected text a new item in the menu called the speak  clipboard would
appear, which would then automatically speak the selected text.

It would be a good thing if this could be brought to the attention of the
Developer of KTTS. Is this feasible????

Bob S