Is there a project that is jovie successor?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat May 12 12:47:32 UTC 2018

It would be nice if kde some day advanced to the point where a speech
synthesizer user could download a kde iso and use speech screen reader
to install it eyes free and then run the installed system eyes free.  I
came pretty close to doing that with existing software including orca
and got a clock and calendar up on a screen to set the date and time but
couldn't get beyond that and I don't know any sighted people who use kde
who could have come and helped me out with that.  So I never got to
write up step-wise installation documentation for it either.  In order
to get to any such goal, I have no clue what will be needed since
everything is so disorganized on the kde end of Linux at least for
accessibility.