KDE/ QT/ Plasma accessibility contributions

chrys at linux-a11y.org chrys at linux-a11y.org
Thu Aug 23 10:42:20 BST 2018

Howdy Mario,

Thanks for your very fast response.

> E.g. if you find stuff buggy or missing in KDE's Plasma just create the
> patches and add them to Phabricator and add Plasma people as reviewers.
with Phabricator you mean this right?:
https://phabricator.kde.org

then my issues starting more early then i thought XD lool, how to
register there? i just find a login button but none for register? sry
its my first time using Phabricator. I mostly use github/ gitlab so far.
i was also looking at:
https://identity.kde.org/

Or am I able to submit stuff without beeing registered? *little confused*

Ah yea just found your Randa efforts while google around. Hacking in
the alps eat fruits and lasagne and drink beer sounds funny :).
did you organize this by yourself? or for an company/organisation?
> (although I never really managed to bring in a11y users to test the
> improvements)
maybe we will join next time :) if we are allowed to. My girlfrind is
a very successfull tester. she manage to break everything XD.
If you wanna have some more testers, some of my frinds and me are
available on IRC:
network: irc.linux-a11y.org
room: #a11y
they cannot await my results since i speak in best words of KDE.

> PS: And for the case I can help you on IRC just ping me. I'm "unormal" there.
on #kde-accessibility  right?
Sure thing :), ill join and hang around with you after work. i
currently stay at work (develop a product configurator with price
calculation and CAD drawing engine for our ERP system - funny stuff
too).

I found that:
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/249/
what is mostly stuff i also already observed. maybe i just start pick
a simple task and try to implement it.
maybe starting improving kicker as an central point for users. As I
identified several issues there. its very unresponsive for A11y when i
open it first time and bookmarks are not keyboard navigateable. A
section change should here then exposed as well (to let the user know
that section is curretnly in). so lets try this...
https://phabricator.kde.org/T7037

Next I would need is to ask (maybe in plasma list): how compile all
that stuff (plasma or even just kicker) and run it without messing up
my live system, to play a bit and test my stuff. maybe there is an
docu for that somewhere.

cheers chrys