[Kde-accessibility] System Bell

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:28:27 UTC 2015

Being primarily a GNOME/MATE screen reader user, I may be way off base here, but
there are some cases where I still hear a system bell, which is generally
replaced by a sound when using Pulseaudio. Some of these cases include
backspacing on an empty line in a text box or arrowing down past the end of
shell history in a terminal. Alerts of this kind seem important to me, in order
to give me an idea of where I am at times. I can see where a visual system bell
replacement would be important to deaf users in the same way, although they are
probably better able to see cursors and such. Still, there are some bell alerts
that may not be immediately apparent without some sort of visual feedback. Hope
this helps.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/