[Kde-accessibility] Installing Simon in Microsoft Windows

Jean Karlo Rodriguez jeank02 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:29:29 UTC 2015

Greetings,

My name is Jean Rodriguez and I’m a student from the
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. I am currently working on a
research project that uses Simon with Professor Patricia Ordoñez. I installed Simon
in my windows laptop through this link: http://download.kde.org/stable/simon/0.4.1/win32/simon-x86-setup-0.4.1.exe.mirrorlist
, and selected the ‘Download file’ that is under File information. I followed
the instructions in the Simon manual that can be downloaded in this link https://simon.kde.org/doc, in order for
Simon to function properly but when activate Simon a window appears that gives
me the following error:

The recognition reported the
following error:

Failed to
setup recognition: Julius did not initialize correctly

When I select the Detail button this is
what appears:

STAT: include config:
c:/users/jeankarlo/appdata/roaming/.kde/tmp-jeank//simond/default/julius/julius.jconf

ERROR: m_chkparam: cannot access
c:/users/jeankarlo/appdata/roaming/.kde/tmp-jeank//simond/default/julius/hmmdefs

ERROR: m_chkparam: cannot access
c:/users/jeankarlo/appdata/roaming/.kde/tmp-jeank//simond/default/julius/tiedlist

ERROR: m_chkparam: could not pass parameter check

What can I do to solve this error?