[Kde-accessibility] experimental idea with colour fonts

michel okgomdjgbmoij at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:35:52 UTC 2014

try creating the directory and put it in.
I hope that will work....
I have kate directory too, it's not the one.

about the screen shots and their resolution, either i was sloppy, or it was
enforced by the site. I don't remember.

About the greasemonkey script.
Last time i checked, it didn't work on chrome! So try it on Firefox...
You'll need to edit the script by hand.
you can define in the options for greasemonkey to use an external editor
it needs the full path, for kate that would be:
"/usr/bin/kate"
you need to have greasemonkey activated AND the script activated.
And then reload the page

Don't run it with the defaults, it's a bit broken.
The default actually uses a picture alphabet, but the pictures are very large,
on top of it, some pictures got deleted, so it gets extremely slow. Firefox
hasn't crashed....

in the script 3/4 of it it's variables
it's easy to notice
the first one (a) is commented at every line
the second (b) is more typical

//AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
//which character you are treating
character[0] = 'a';
//you are replacing it by which character, if linkimg is empty
replcharacter[0] ='a';
//do you want to use the special font you defined at var "SpecialFont" above?,
ignored if linkimg is not empty
UseSpecialFont[0] = false;
//link of the replacement image, if given, the othe transformation parameters
will be ignored
linkimg[0] = 'http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/Daveyy/red-apple.jpg';
//defines the color of the character, if linkimg is empty
colors[0] = '#f01';
//defines the color of the background of the character, if linkimg is empty
colorbackground[0] = '#ff0';

//BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
character[1] = 'b';
replcharacter[1] ='b';
UseSpecialFont[1] = false;
linkimg[1] ='http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/kimbero53/disney/071.gif';
colors[1] = 'blue';
colorbackground[1] = 'red';

you just need to delete the urls
so this
linkimg[1] ='http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/kimbero53/disney/071.gif';
becomes this
linkimg[1] ='';
it has to be exactly like this, or the script will brake. with the '';
You can use other pictures if you want..... Some of the urls are broken, and
that kills the the speed, because it tryies to find pictures that don't exist.
Also, i was lasy, and i just thrown in normall big pictures from photobuket.
If you really want to use this, you should use small images....
Copy paste still works even with the images, as normal text....
Other wise, that feature of the script works properly.

if the url is missing, then it will use the colors
colors[1] = 'blue';
colorbackground[1] = 'red';
"colors" is the color of the letter it self
"colorbackground" is the backround arond the letter only.
you can use hexadecimal color codes as arguments in the variables

a generic hexadecimal code looks like this
colors[5] = '#EE82EE';
colorbackground[5] = '#FF8243';

you can easily find with an other program or on the internet the codes for the
colors you want to use.

.... yea, it's experimental, not for dummies :P
normally the script should process a normal page in a barely acceptable 2
seconds...
I didn't arse my self with the default as you can see. It's just random
colours, you should use  a more practical color code. What ever you want.

Tell me if you get in to trouble with the technical side.