[Kde-accessibility] Simon

Peter Grasch peter at grasch.net
Tue May 20 10:41:49 UTC 2014

Hello Steve,

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 08:47:37 AM Steve Cookson wrote:
> On the subject of long lists, the issue for us is giving each one a
> command and data, so on calling
>
> 	esofagite descamativa
>
> really what I want it to do is call  'alt-d' for diagnosis and d123,
> say, being the code for the specific diagnosis.
>
> Does that work?
? Of course..?

I'm not 100 % sure what your question here is. Can you set up a command to
press Alt-D? Yes. Can you set up a command that presses Alt-D, writes "d123"
and releases the shortcut? Yes. (Shortcut to press, Text Macro to write,
Shortcut to release, all wrapped in a Composite command).

Also consider some trigger magicL Say, you'd want all commands starting with
"esofagite" to do the same thing, then you could set up a command to the
trigger "esofagite %%1" to catch everything that matches the regexp "esofagite
.*" (if you use one instead of two percent signs, it will only match a single
word instead of arbitrary strings).

Best regards,
Peter