[Kde-accessibility] Interested in extending Simon to use with IDEs

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Wed Jun 5 21:57:46 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 10:19 PM, Patti Ordóñez Rozo wrote:
> I am considering a multi-modal approach.  I would like to get the
> prediction of Dasher incorporated with the autocompletion of Eclipse.  I
> have a student who is severely physically disabled whose dream is to create
> such a product.  I have another student who is a fantastic programmer who
> is interested in helping with this project. This is a project I want to do
> with my students and so I have several manmonths to work on this.  I have
> limited experience with speak recognition.  I worked with the code of one
> of the lead programmers of Siri in graduate school  who created a smart
> meeting room for his dissertation.

Sounds definitely very interesting.
I'd suggest you and your students draw up a detailed description of what
you *want* to do (assuming feasibility where you're not sure), post it
here and I'll be happy to tell you what I think will be possible and
what won't, as well as how I'd suggest you should go about implementing it.

Talking about a concrete concept is usually easier than discussing an
abstract idea.

Best regards,
Peter