[Kde-accessibility] Simon with ArchLinux

Mark Coolen mark.coolen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:39:01 UTC 2013

I'd like to get Simon 0.4.0 working with Arch Linux which is a very
popular rolling distribution.
Simon is in the unsupport Arch User Repository right now at version
0.3.0, but I'd like to update it to 0.4.0 and want to have all my duck
in a row.
Do I need to require all of the Sphinx packages? (sphinxbase,
pocketsphinx, sphinxtrain, sphinx4 and cmuclmtk)
Do I need to require voxforge. The AUR has a voxforge-am-julius
package that seems to be for the Julius speech system. Do I need to
redo voxforge for simon, or is it not required for simon to function?

Sorry about all the questions. I like the look of Simon and want to
try it, but If I'm going to do it I might as well get it all working
for others as well ;-)

Thanks