[Kde-accessibility] Support for onscreen keyboard

Deri James deri at chuzzlewit.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:21:52 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 17 Jan 2012 03:31:36 Kyle Pablo wrote:
> Hello Frederik,
>
>      If Maliit will work with the Plasma Active API that's great.  I'm
> really interested in seeing KDE have a virtual/onscreen keyboard with
> enhanced features for the disabled.  I can type faster on my Android
> phone (word completion) compared to using xvkbd or kvkbd.  I use to use
> kvkbd but the pressing of the buttons became too sensitive.
>

> Thanks,
> Kyle

I find Dasher (http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/) the easiest and
fastest input method for my disability (cerebral palsy), the only drawback is
its non-integration with KDE. If someone could port it to Plasma that would be
fantastic.

If any work was done I'd suggest splitting the word prediction/completion
code, in Dasher, into a separate (dbus?) modulle which can be used by the
whole of KDE where word completion is appropriate.

Regards

Deri