[Kde-accessibility] Simon Install on Kubuntu 11.10.

Steve Cookson it at sca-uk.com
Fri Apr 20 10:59:22 UTC 2012

> You should be able to install the package for 10.10 though (you can find
it on
> sf.net/projects/speech2text).
> Please let me know if that works so that I can tell others who ask the
same. I
> might even be able to push the 10.10 package to 11.10 if the installation
> works without a hitch.

> If it doesn't, I'm afraid the only solution for now is to compile from
source.

10.10 is already too old for my hardware, which is why I upgraded.

It's OK, I'll compile from source.  It not that much harder than apt-get
anyway.

Ubuntu/Kubuntu 12.04 (released this month) is the next LTS (5 years), so it
would be really nice if Simon install could be made to work for this
release.  I guess a lot of people will move from 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS.  In
fact it had been my strategy too, until I got pushed into a premature 11.10
by my hardware purchase.

Have a good day.

Regards

Steve.