[Kde-accessibility] Simon Install on Kubuntu 11.10.

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Fri Apr 20 07:22:34 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 09:11:57 schrieb Steve Cookson:
> Are the repositories up-to-date for (K)Ubuntu 11.10?  I've had some
> difficulties installing on my new machine.
Sorry, we currently don't provide packages for Ubuntu 11.10.

You should be able to install the package for 10.10 though (you can find it on
sf.net/projects/speech2text).
Please let me know if that works so that I can tell others who ask the same. I
might even be able to push the 10.10 package to 11.10 if the installation
works without a hitch.

If it doesn't, I'm afraid the only solution for now is to compile from source.

Simon 0.3.0 is already quite old which is why I didn't package it for recent
distributions. I'm hoping to release Simon 0.4 in the coming months but no
date is set yet.

Best regards,
Peter