[Kde-accessibility] Help Getting Source Out of Git

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Sep 7 18:51:25 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 07 Sep 2011 17:13:23 Thomas Ward wrote:
> The problem is I'm following the directions on
> techbase.kde.org
> as best as I can but am having lots of issues actually grabbing the
> KDE 4.8 sources out of git. For instance, the directions say I should
> do
> "git clone git://anongit.kde.org/qt-kde.git"
> in order to check the latest QT out of git for compiling. What happens
> is I get an error like "Fatal: the remote hung up."

Thanks for pointing this out.  As Jeremy noted our qt-kde.git repository was
removed a couple of days ago, so you now need to either obtain it from
gitorious.org directly, or more easily from the new qt.git clone repository in
KDE.  I've updated the TechBase docs with the correct new repo path, but I
still need to update the config options required.

CHeers!

John.