[Kde-accessibility] Outdated Website

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 23:30:20 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 06 Sep 2011 23:59:18 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> John, Others,
>
> After taking a quick look at the different options I propose the following:
>
> 1. Ask sysadmins to redirect accessibility.kde.org to
> community.kde.org/Accessibility
> 2. Migrate some/most of the content to community.kde.org (putting developer
> specific stuff on techbase and user specific stuff on userbase as needed)
> 3. Check all our application pages on www.kde.org (and make one for
> kaccessible) and make sure they link to the right places.
>
> thanks,
> Jeremy

The definition is TechBase is for external developer docs, so any docs for app
developers who want to make their apps accessible.  Community is for internal
accessability team documentation such as feature plans, designs, meeting
minutes.  UserBase is for end users, so say a blind person wanting to set up
Orca or KTTS with KDE.

We do have a couple of UserBase pages that need updating too:

http://userbase.kde.org/Applications/Accessibility
http://userbase.kde.org/System_Settings/Accessibility

I suggested redirecting a.k.o to Community as TechBase seemed too technical a
place, and UserBase too simple, using Community would allow everything to be
linked from one place that people can then follow to TechBase or UserBase.

Cheers!

John.