[Kde-accessibility] Lending a Helping Hand

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 21:55:16 UTC 2011

Thomas,

Welcome and thank you.  What you probably want is techbase.kde.org and/or
api.kde.org.  KDE Accessibility is in an interesting state at the moment.
 The goal is to make Qt and thus KDE applications accessible with the help
of accessible technology such as orca by using at-spi2.  This is
accomplished by a qt atspi2 bridge which is a plugin for Qt that reads
QAccessible classes and presents them over the at-spi2 registry, etc.

The qt-atspi2 bridge code lives here:
https://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi
As for at-spi2 itself and atk (gtk's accessibility module), more information
can be found here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/accessibility/atk/at-spi/at-spi_on_d-bus

Hope that helps a bit.

thanks,
Jeremy

P.S. If you are into irc, feel free to come join us in #kde-accessibility on
freenode.