[Kde-accessibility] Lending a Helping Hand

John Layt john at layt.net
Tue Sep 6 21:53:32 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 06 Sep 2011 22:39:59 Thomas Ward wrote:

> Like I said I want to help in anyway I can with KDE access. Right now
> though I need links to API documentation, something to help me with
> QT, and above all where I can get and build KDE 4.8's development
> branch so I have something to work with.

Hi Thomas, and welcome aboard.  It will be great to have your input.  I'm sure
Jeremy and Frederick can give you more info on the accessability side of
things, but I can tell you the starting points for Qt and KDE.

First up you can find the excellent Qt api docs online at:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/index.html

For KDE we do have a separate wiki for our developer docs which you can find
at:

http://techbase.kde.org/

In particular you can find documentation on building KDE at:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started

I wrote a lot of those pages so let me know if you find anything that's not
clear enough.

Ubuntu / Kubuntu is perfectly fine for KDE development.  There's a couple of
pages on the wiki for Debian / Ubuntu based development but I'm not sure how
up-to-date they are:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Distributions/Debian

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Using_Project_Neon_to_contribute_to_KDE

Good luck, and thanks!