[Kde-accessibility] ANNOUNCE: AT-SPI 2.2.3 released

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:20:21 UTC 2011

AT-SPI 2.2.3 is now available for download at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/2.2/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/2.2/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/2.2/

(note: There is no pyatspi 2.2.3 release; the newest release is 2.2.1)
Also, the newest release of at-spi2-atk is 2.2.2. At-spi2-core 2.2.2
contained a change that needed to be reverted, requiring a 2.2.3 release.

What is AT-SPI2
===============

AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in C and a wrapper
for Python.

What's changed in AT-SPI 2.2.3

* [core] Fix return type of org.a11y.Bus.IsEnabled property

* [core] Declare void functions as such

* [atk] Don't leave va_args dangling

* [atk] Have Socket's implementation of ref_state_set to return empty sets
   instead of NULL

* [atk] Make sure the a11y hierarchy under an AtkPlug is generated when
   embedding.

Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2

How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?

We need help testing with Gnome accessibility technologies, improving
performance, and generally tying up loose ends.  The above-referenced page
contains a list of known issues that should be fixed.

IRC   : #a11y on Gimpnet

Development repositories can be found at:

git://git.gnome.org/pyatspi2
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-core
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-atk