[Kde-accessibility] Re: [orca-list] qt-at-spi on Arch Linux

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Fri May 13 11:53:10 CEST 2011

Hi Kyle,

I am currently running ubuntu and arch linux.
On ubuntu the packages in Natty seem recent enough so that everything works
out of the box with the system at-spi2.
On the arch machine I have, I installed at-spi2-core/atk and pyatspi2 as well
as orca and accerciser myself.

I would appreciate aur versions of the qt-at-spi bridge.
Since there seems to be some interest, I will compile a list of patches that
Qt 4.7 needs for this to work. In the end this will lead to a patched Qt,
which I do not recommend or endorse. The official recommendation is to go with
Qt 4.8 where many things are fixed (and some are still to be fixed).

Greetings
Frederik